We partner with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Wayne, Orleans, Niagara, Monroe, and Oswego Counties, Cornell University Cooperative Extension and faculty to provide educational programs for the commercial fruit industry, using research-based information to help the tree fruit and berry industries in New York compete in the world market and provide safe, high-quality produce for consumers.
- Maintain competitiveness and profitability of NY fruit farms in a global market.
- Evaluate new technology for potential increases in efficiency through applied research.
- Assist in the adoption and implementation of appropriate technologies.
- Reduce financial, legal, labor, environmental, and health risks.
- Improve production and delivery of high quality fruit to consumers.
The Lake Ontario Fruit Program is supported, in part, by
5 county Cornell Cooperative Extensions in the Lake Ontario Region
of New York: Monroe, Niagara, Orleans, Oswego and Wayne Counties.
To visit one of these Cornell Cooperative Extension's web sites,
simply click on a county within the map.
Cornell Small Farms Program New Season of Online Courses-Enroll Now!
January 11, 2021
February 22, 2021
September 1, 2021
November 1, 2021
CSFP's new season of online courses is almost halfway through, and now's the time to register for their upcoming block three courses which begin in the new year. Upcoming courses include their new offering on social media and online marketing, farm business courses, and production courses covering beekeeping, mushrooms, sheep and more.