CCE LOF 'Spring Pink Meeting' - Actual Date May 11
May 11, 2020
Noon - 1pm, Eastern Time
Zoom link will be provided as we get closer
Cornell Cooperative Extension Lake Ontario Fruit Program
The Lake Ontario Fruit Program will be holding our spring pink meeting this year through Zoom. Please join us on Monday May 11, 2020. Noon-1pm, Eastern Time. This event is free to all, but you will need to pre-register using the following link: https://cornell.zoom.us/webina....
- Counting flower buds/readjusting bud load via pruning at pink, and blossom thinning considerations - T. Robinson and M. Miranda Sazo (live from a Honeycrisp orchard at VanDeWalle Fruit Farm in Wayne County)
- Foliar sprays/ground applications/protocol for Peel SAP analysis of Honeycrisp - L. Cheng and M. Miranda Sazo
- Early 2020 Season Disease Update - K. Cox
- Spring insect management priorities - A. Agnello
- Factors to consider to optimize pollination this spring - J. van Zoeren
- Questions and Answers
Apple Leafcurling Midge IPM - Webinar
February 16, 2023
In recent years, the apple leafcurling midge (ALCM) has become an increasingly problematic pest in many orchards across the northeast.
Western NY Fruit Conference - "State of the Industry"
February 27 - February 28, 2023
CCE-LOF are excited to bring you a muti-day fruit conference in WNY! This is replacing our Winter Fruit Schools. Tentative Agenda is now available.
Fire Blight Informational Series - Michigan Fire Blight Meeting
March 1, 2023 : Michigan Fire Blight Meeting
Traverse City, MI
The team leading the national fire blight SCRI grant "Comprehensive Fire Blight Management for the United States" is hosting a March meeting (in person or virtual) as well as a webinar series. This multi-state series will address new research on best management practices for fire blight control. You are encouraged to attend these events which will provide cutting edge research recommendations into how to manage fire blight. Each session eligible for some DEC credits (see below for quantities, and bottom of article for direction on how to receive credit).